OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2019
1. RETURN POLICY - We will gladly accept any unused, regularly stocked landscape product for a refund within 30 days of purchase. Simply return the complete landscape product to our yard in its clean, original, and unopened packaging accompanied by the original bill of sale and based on your method of payment. We will refund your money minus a 20% restocking fee on all hardscape product returns. Customers are responsible for transporting any returnable product (s) back to our yard to receive a refund. However, if you wish to have Dibbits Excavating Ltd. (Dibbits) pick-up your product for return at your location we will gladly do so with the 20% restocking fee applied on all hardscape products and an additional pick-up fee. Dependent upon how the product is sold to you the product must be returned in its original state in order to be applicable for a refund. For example: pavers are sold in full unopened/banded sections, layers, or full pallets; therefore, to be applicable for a refund the pavers must be returned to our store the same way. NON-RETURNABLE products: clearance/discontinued/limited supply (LS) products, samples, natural stone, polymeric sand, stone dust, bulk items, delivery charges, and special orders (SO). If you are missing your original receipt, we may be able to locate it in our system. Receipts for purchases made with a credit or debit card or by cheque may be located in our system within 30 days of purchase.
2. DELIVERY POLICY - Payment: Delivery Zones: Landscape Supply products offered on our website and in-store are only available for delivery if the customer resides within the four delivery zones. Our delivery zones are between Port Hope to Deseronto (west and east) and from Madoc (north) to Prince Edward County (south). Delivery Time: We cannot commit to exact delivery times only delivery days. Shipments are scheduled Monday to Friday (we do not ship on Saturdays and Sundays), between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. local time. Unforeseen events could alter scheduling. Delivery Method: We send the truck size that works best for scheduling, unless specified. Multiple items may be shipped separately due to size or availability. In addition, depending on the quantity, size, and types of products being ordered a customer may be required to pay for more than one delivery. For example: A customer would like a load of mulch and a pallet of pavers delivered to his or her home in delivery Zone 1. Dibbits delivers all bulk items via dump trucks and uses a flatbed truck for all hardscape products. Therefore, the customer will need to pre-pay for two deliveries to go to delivery Zone 1. Delivery Instructions: Delivery services are based on curb side drop. You do not need to be present for delivery. Provide us with instructions, clearly mark the load drop area with either a shovel, an “x”, tarp, or wheelbarrow, and we will do our best to meet your wishes. We are not responsible for delivery in the wrong area if improperly marked or if the driver judges he cannot accommodate the request. If no spot is clearly marked then the delivery may not be made and the customer will be responsible for paying a second delivery charge at a later time at his or her own expense. We do not dump in multiple locations (distributing around property). Deliveries past the curb are subject to the driver’s discretion and the customer takes full responsibility for any and all damages. Placement of Products: Dibbits does not install your landscape products in place unless prearranged through the Excavation side of Dibbits; therefore, additional fees will apply. We suggest you contact a local landscape professional to assist with your product installation. Restrictions and Truck Limitations: Wet weather makes the ground very soft; please provide an alternate drop area in such cases. Surface must be stable and relatively level. Steep driveways or hills may be problematic. We take great care on deliveries, but we enter your property at your request and risk, and are not responsible for any damage to driveways, sidewalks, overhanging trees, or any obstacles. Check the load drop area for overhead wires, lows tree limbs, etc. Consider height and turnaround clearance required by our trucks to dump. Our drivers have the final say on delivery placement. Shipping Costs: Delivery charges are based on the customer’s delivery zone (please see Delivery Zone Map on our website). There are four zones/tiers of pricing starting from Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3, and Zone 4. Any shipments outside of the four zones may not be available or are available at a new quoted rate. Damaged or Missing Landscape Products in Transport: Please report any damaged or missing items within 24-hours of delivery by calling us immediately at 613-394-3478.
3. ORDER POLICY - General Information: Payment is required prior to delivery through our head office no cash on deliveries. Applicable taxes are extra. We take telephone orders during business hours, but recommend viewing and marking product in-store before ordering. All orders are subject to product availability. Special Orders are final sale and must be ordered in full pallets, bundles, cubes, crates, or loads only. If a product you pre-ordered and paid for is discontinued by the manufacturer or unavailable we will notify you immediately and refund you the total amount of your order, using the original payment method. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will make every effort to fulfill your order within 2-3 weeks of the date you order. Order Cancellations: Please contact us immediately. All customer cancellations are subject to a 20% cancellation fee. Special Orders and delivery charges cannot be cancelled or returned if they have already been made. Orders are often made within 1 hour of order placement.
4. LOADING POLICY – For small projects or amounts less than a yard, we carry bagged products, easily loaded into a vehicle and easy to transport, as well as we offer a ½ yard option for an additional fee. Due to safety we cannot permit customers to shovel products into bags or containers, trunks, vans, or any other vehicle at our facility. We do not attempt to load products into vans, SUVs, trucks with Tonneau covers on, or any other vehicle deemed unsafe or impractical. Our capable employees perform our loading, having received training and demonstrating knowledge and skills in front end loader operation. Due to safety, if you are worried about your vehicle, we suggest you bring protective padding (tarp or blanket) for the side of your truck. We load at your risk; if you are concerned, we offer delivery for an additional fee.
5. QUOTE POLICY – Official Dibbits Excavating Ltd. quotes are valid for 30 days; verbal quotes are not valid. Natural stone quotes are valid for 48-hours. When our staff assists in estimates, it is done to the best of our ability without a site visit. We use measurements provided by you and take no responsibility for estimations. We suggest that you verify all numbers before ordering.
6. REFERRALS POLICY – Our employees try to remain unbiased regarding specific contractor recommendations since they are all our customers. At our main office customers can pick up several business cards belonging to local contractors in order to obtain an estimate, etc. We encourage you to do your research when choosing the right contractor for you.
7. RENTALS POLICY – We rent various clamps and landscaping equipment at a fee for all contractors and retail customers. Please refer to our rental contract for more information and pricing.
8. INSTALLATION DISCLAIMER - Dibbits Excavating Ltd. recommends you follow the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute's (I.C.P.I.) best practices for all paver installations. For more information visit www.icpi.org. For all walls over one meter (1 m in height) engineered schematics may also be available upon request. For all wall projects, please consult a professional engineer, refer to the manufacturer's installation recommendations, as well as the Ontario Building Code. In addition, Dibbits Excavating Ltd. holds no responsibility for any claims resulting from the installation or handling of purchased items that causes damage to them or any other party or causes property damage. To see the complete details of our Terms and Conditions please visit our website www.Dibbits.ca or call us at 613-394-3478. Thank you.